Gujarat Global News Network, Ahmedabad
These are the main features of the Rs 1000 Cr scheme announced by Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel for students of all castes and communities.
- Bright students from Gujarat board and Central board who secure 90 percentile in 12thstandard will eligible to get 50% fee or Rs 2 lakh/per year maximum. Amount will be given to a student as government assistance in self finance and Gujarat Medical Education Research Society (GMERS) and dental courses. Thus, the government will provide assistance worth Rs. 10 lakh during five years. The annual family income ceiling will be considered as Rs 4.5 lakh.
- In professional courses such as Engineering, Pharmacy, Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Nursing, Physiotherapy, 50% fee of Rs 50,000/year maximum for self-finance college, will be paid to the student as government assistance. Thus, the government will provide assistance worth Rs. 2 lakh during four years. The annual family income ceiling will be considered as Rs 4.5 lakh.
- 10thand 12th standard students opting for diploma courses with minimum 80% percentile will get government assistance of Rs 25,000 per year or 50% of fee, whichever lesser.
- In B Sc, BA, B Com, B ed, graduation courses, 50% fee or annual Rs 10,000, whichever lesser, will be paid each year as government assistance to students in self-finance colleges.
- Facilities for lodging and food: Students of talukas where higher education facility and government hostel is not available, will get Rs. 1200 per month for boarding and lodging for 10 months a year as government assistance.
- Students of non-reserved categories will also get benefits of various government schemes provided to SC, ST, OBC students for higher studies. Under which, Medical and Engineering students will get assistance for books, equipments. Rs 10,000 for medical students, Rs 5000 for engineering students and Rs 3000 for diploma students at time of admission.
- Same fees structures for all categories students to get admission in government colleges.
- Free textbooks for all secondary and higher secondary students of granted and government schools.
- Free-of-cost uniform, textbooks and scholarships for the students of all castes in government and granted schools. Around 62 lakh students will get the benefits.
- Age relaxation has been extended by five years in all categories.
- Private self finance colleges will not be allowed to charge high amount as form fees during admission procedures, government will regulate admission form fees.
- In next five years, SPIPA’s seat capacity will be increased from 340 to 1000.
- Government will extend interest relief under MUDRA scheme.
- Youth appearing for national competitive exams will be given training at training center that will be setup at every district.
(For News in Hindi read our Hindi news daily Chaupal Chronicle)